You know the saying "Easy as Pie"? I've never understood it. Pie is really not that easy, in my humble opinion.
There's the deal with the crust. Crust really brings on the stress, because it can make or break a pie. The PRESSURE!
However. This pie. I really don't believe it could possibly get easier than this pie. Seriously. If you mess this up, there may be no hope for you in the kitchen. Sorry. I'm sure you are FABULOUS at other things though!
After spending too much time in the kitchen making my Honeycomb Bars, I needed/wanted something quick, and delicious for the Playoff get-together. Football is the perfect excuse to make all those delicious things you could probably never justify eating on an ordinary day. Let me just say, if you are dieting,
|Photo courtesy SydesJokes|
adapted from Food.com
found on Pinterest!
Cookie Mama's Notes:
* You could make this lower-fat by substituting low-fat or fat-free Cool Whip and cream cheese. If you do this, let me know how it turns out!
* I bought the 16 oz. Cool Whip and weighed out 12 oz. I'd say remove about 1 1/2 c. from your container, and use the remaining for the pie.
* You could make your own crust, and I'm sure it would be more delicious than the pre-made, but people, I was going the easiest route possible!
* The longer you chill, the easier to cut and serve.
* A normal pie is generally cut into 8 slices. This pie is rich and sweet! I recommend smaller pieces and getting at least 10 slices.
- 7 regular (2.1oz) size Butterfingers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 pre-made Graham Cracker Crust
(3 Ingredients?! Yes! It is that EASY!)
Crush/Chop 6 Butterfingers. Add to medium sized bowl with softened cream cheese. Blend with a hand mixer. Fold in Cool Whip. Add to crust.
Chill for at least an hour. Crush remaining Butterfinger and sprinkle over the top of the pie before serving.